Project title: EU-Multilateral Project „Volunteer Management in European Parks“
Project number: 510767-LLP-1-2010-1-DE-GRUNDTVIG-GMP
Duration: November 2010 – October 2013
Project partners: See list
- highly skilled volunteer coordinators in European protected areas who can deliver effective opportunities for people to volunteer in protected areas, sustainable high quality and efficient volunteer management in protected areas,
- learning opportunities for volunteers, park staff and hosting protected areas that enhance practical and vocational skills, communication, inter-personal and project organisation skills, opportunities for volunteers und park staff to broaden their horizons in educational and cultural terms,
- promotion of the culture of active citizenship (volunteering in parks as active and creative means of being European citizens),
- higher park and public awareness about the value of volunteering,
- higher quality and acceptance of informal lifelong learning through volunteering.
- international workshops for volunteer coordinators in parks,
- compilation of learning material for volunteer coordinators,
- international exchange of volunteers in parks and park staff,
- elaboration of quality standards for volunteer management in European parks,
- research on the impact of volunteering in protected areas,
- communication and dissemination.